Volunteer at the El Paso Museum of Art and reward yourself and the Museum. EPMA volunteers work at the Museum School and assist teachers with students or campers, organize the studio classrooms, distribute snacks and make for a welcoming and comfortable environment for children ages 6-13.
Docent (intensive training, one year commitment)
The Docent Program
Volunteer gallery educators, also known as docents, have the privilege of engaging the community with the permanent collection and temporary exhibitions. An ideal docent is responsible, and has a love of learning, a sense of humor, the ability to be flexible when necessary, and an enjoyment of both art and people. Bilingual skills are highly valued but not required. Training classes for new docents are held annually in the fall.
- Gain and share information about art and artists
- Spark a love of art and learning in people of all ages and abilities
- Meet others interested in art and teaching
- Meet curators and artists
- Access to training materials, articles on art history and teaching strategies
- Annual appreciation luncheon and holiday potluck social
- Free membership to the Museum which includes:
- Subscription to Museum Newsletter and other mailings
- Advance notice of Museum programs and new exhibitions
- Discounts in the Museum Store